Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there, especially with the holiday madness only just behind us! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut.
- Merus has partnered with IRB in Barcelona to develop tumor microenvironment antibodies
- Phenex took home a $100M milestone from Gilead for its FXR agonist results
- Allergan is making good on its promise not to hike prices by more than 10% this year
- Affimed has joined MD Anderson’s long list of partners in an immuno-oncology deal
- HepaRegeniX reeled in €9M in Series A to treat chronic liver diseases with kinase inhibitors
- A JNK inhibitor from Xigen is performing well in Phase II
- Saniona‘s Tesomet is delivering positive results for type 2 diabetes in Phase II
- AB Science stumbled upon a drug that protects muscles and nerves in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Pharma started the year with a busy week, and it culminated in a suicide attempt by a Novartis exec.
- Sanofi backed down from a patent battle with Amgen, sued Novo Nordisk, and retracted vaccine ads after a C&D from the FDA of the Philippines.
- Medigene spun out a new daughter company in Sweden making moves in cell and immunotherapy.
Cat or Dulce de Leche?
Images from Brian Lasenby, Galka, Sjstudio6, Quinn Martin / shutterstock.com