Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut this week.
- GeneQuine and Panion are exploring a licensing agreement for osteoarthritis gene therapy in horses and dogs
- Malaysian conglomerate NSDA has bought an exclusive license to Oxford BioDynamics’ EpiSwitch platform to accelerate drug delivery
- Anagenesis has caught the eye of Boehringer Ingelheim, leading to a drug discovery deal for chronic muscle diseases
- Shire had a phenomenal week in the clinic, with stellar Phase III data in hereditary angioedema such that the drug has the makings of a blockbuster, and positive Phase II data for its antibody to treat moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis
- Roche published early clinical data from a bispecific antibody for metastatic colorectal cancer, suggesting it could boost existing therapies for hard-to-treat tumors
Images from Brian Lasenby, Eric Axelson, Marco Diaz Segura, Oleksii G / shutterstock.com