- This event has passed.
19th Annual Superbugs & Superdrugs
20/03/2017 - 21/03/2017
Following on from a successful Superbugs USA summit, SMi Group presents the 19th annual Superbugs & Superdrugs European conference which returns to Central London on 20th and 21st March 2017.
London’s flagship show in the global Superbugs portfolio of events has been expanding horizons on the growing threat of anti-microbial resistance (AMR) and infectious disease for almost two decades. It will once again provide a focal point for its growing “superbugs” community comprising of scientific leaders, funding bodies and drug discovery specialists, to network, exchange novel solutions and consolidate current strategies.
The threat of AMR is regularly making front page news but what is the industry actually doing? Are drug manufacturers any closer to finding a solution and how is the government helping? These will be just some of the questions answered by a panel of speakers who will hone in on key issues such as industry funding opportunities, the use of animal models in drug research and antimicrobial peptides.
Highlights will include a special regulatory spotlight on antibacterial drug development presented by Sumathi Nambiar, Director of the FDA Division of Anti-Infective Products.
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Sumathi Nambiar, Director, Division of Anti-Infective Products, FDA
- Richard Bax, Senior Partner, TranScrip
- Lloyd Czaplewski, Director, Chemical Biology Ventures
- Chris Houchens, Branch Chief, BARDA
- James Anderson, Head of Corporate Government Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
- Aileen Rubio, Head of Biology, Spero Therapeutics
- David Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Discuva
- Martin Everett, Chief Scientific Officer, ANTABIO SAS
- Jean de Gunzburg, Scientific Director, Da Volterra
- William J Weiss, Director, Pre-Clinical Services, UNT System College of Pharmacy
WHATS ON THE AGENDA FOR 2017?
- FDA EXCLUSIVE: Regulatory perspective on antibacterial drug development presented by the Director of the FDA Antibiotics Division
- The latest developments in antimicrobial peptides
- Ground-breaking innovations in antibacterial chemotherapy
- Comprehensive overview of government funding initiatives
- A showcase on novel approaches to enabling antibacterial activity against Gram-negative pathogens
- Guidance on antibiotic stewardship
- Updates on clinical progress
- New spotlight on animal models in drug discovery
- Hand on training through CPD certified interactive workshop
See the full program here