- This event has passed.
SMi’s 3rd Annual 3D Cell Culture
February 20 - February 21
Delivering updates on the development and application of human organs and tissues in vitro
Cell Culture in an important tool for research and development within the life science industry. Over the past few years, 3D Cell Culture has gained momentum within the pharmaceutical industry due to the benefits that this model offers over conventional cell culture methods. 3D cell culture enables cells to grow and interact with their surroundings in all three dimensions, better mimicking the in-vivo conditions in which the cells are naturally present. Therefore, this market is likely to grow over the next few years and is in fact projected to reach USD 1.7 Million by 2022.
At the 3D Cell Culture Conference in February, we will look at the latest developments in the 3D Cell Culture field. Participants will have the opportunity to network with industry experts, gain insight into how the pharmaceutical industry is utilizing 3D Cell Culture technologies to enhance research and development, discuss the potential for novel in-vitro cell culture models to replace animal models, and discover novel 3D cell culture systems, organ-on-chip, 3D imaging of organoids and other technologies in development.
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Bill Mattes, Director, Division of Systems Biology, FDA
- Asli Akidil, Cell and Molecular Scientist, AstraZeneca
- Gary Allenby, Business Development Director and Chief Scientific Officer, Aurelia Biosciences
- Jason Ekert, Head of Complex In Vitro Models, GSK
- Philip Hewitt, UK and Eurotox Registered Toxicologist, Head of Early Investigative Technology, Merck
- Stefan Kustermann, Lab Head, Investigative Safety, Roche
- Veronique Barban, Expert Virology, Research and Nonclinical Safety Department, Sanofi Pasteur
KEY TOPICS FOR 2018 INCLUDE:
- Organ-on-chip technologies and their applications in the pharmaceutical industry
- Panel discussion on whether 3D Cell Culture will replace animal models
- Determining the predictive validity of 3D models and achieving standardization for preclinical testing
- Global developments in 3D Cell Culture and how this exponential growth will impact researchers
- Several novel techniques for imaging of 3D Cell Cultures
- Development of 3D eye models for early assessment of retinal toxicity