- This event has passed.
Neglected Tropical Disease Lab 2017
A panel discussion with invited speakers from politics, pharmaceutical industry, NGOs and science discuss biotechnological innovation in the field of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)
Interactive presentations of different initiatives fighting NTDs. Get to know neglected tropical diseases from different angles – from fieldwork to analysing geodata, from inventing the cure to bringing it to the people!
- Georg Kippels, Member of German Parliament
- Dr. KH Martin Kollmann, Member of advisory board of the German Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases, advisor of the NGO Christoffel Blindenmission in Nairobi, Kenia
- Joachim Klein, Referat 615 (Healthcare Research), Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
- Dr. Maria-Luisa Rodriguez, Global Program Head Nifurtimox, Development, Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG
- Henrik Sadlowski, Teamleader of diagnost-x
Diagnost-x is a student initiative from Berlin who have set out to develop a diagnostic tool for Taeniasis, one of the many neglected tropical diseases. But the goal is not only to fight this one disease – we aim to bring this global health challenge to the public eye, because it could immensely profit of the recent years’ biotechnological advances!
Thus, we are proud to introduce the Neglected Tropical Disease Lab 2017, taking place on the 17 May 2017 in Berlin. Our event will bring together Neglected Tropical Disease professionals from politics, pharmaceutical industry, NGOs and science to discuss the role biotechnological innovation can play to solve the problem of poverty-associated endemic diseases – what are the main challenges? What are solutions?
The event aims to provide a platform to discuss the future of global health – especially with the German G20 presidency – and a possibility for informal networking between different players in global health.
With a glass of wine, get in touch with some of the most interesting innovators in development and healthcare!
Where? Humboldt Graduate School, Luisenstr. 56, Berlin
When? 17 May, 6 pm
Please register here or by contacting email@example.com