As we bid farewell to Evelyn, a new Editor-in-Chief is wanted! Have you been writing for a while and are ready for a leap into management? We’re looking for a competent science writer to head the editorial team and make sure everything gets done and runs smoothly.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of in-house journalists
- Manage freelancers and external contributors
- Research and write the occasional review or interview
- Produce daily long articles
- Copy edit daily news
- Participate in industry events as an attendee or speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, preferably a graduate degree
- Previous journalist or science communication experience
- Fluent in English – native-level preferred
- A relevant writing sample of around 1000 words in length
Type: Full-Time, Long-Term, Competitive Compensation
Starting Date: mid-February 2018
We look for long-term commitment. We want passion. This is not an easy job. You are joining an extremely fast-moving environment. You’ll need to have a strong drive for self-development.
If you are still reading, here’s how to apply:
1. Just fill in this Typeform.
2. Make sure to provide a LinkedIn profile – really it’s mandatory. If you don’t have one, you better set one up right now! Here are some tips: – make sure to impress us 😉
3. No motivational letter, a few lines in the Typeform should be enough to convince us
4. If we like what we see we’ll be in touch to follow up with a short intro call
5. You might join our fantastic team 😜
*** Due to the high number of applications we receive on our job offerings we may not be able to respond to every one, we hope you forgive us ***