Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut this week.
- Arix co-led a €40M ($45M) Series B round for Patrick Baeuerle‘s San Francisco-based company, Harpoon Therapeutics
- Horizon Discovery has a new gene editing platform for research and therapeutic applications, adding to their already-full arsenal of methods
- The EMA struck down XBiotech’s drug with a flat-out rejection, following a negative opinion from CHMP; the Texan biotech remains undeterred
- BenevolentAI has scored a win with a drug candidate that appears to delay the onset of ALS
- Hookipa published results demonstrating its TheraT platform’s efficacy at “turning cold tutors hot” to improve their targeting by immuno-oncology therapies.
- Spider silk is could become a new low-cost lung surfactant as a treatment for respiratory disease and to help pre-term babies breathe, thanks to a group of European researchers