Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut this week.
- A horde of European biotechs including Cellectis, Adaptimmune, uniQure, and Galapagos have joined the Nasdaq Biotech Index.
- Vernalis will collaborate with Daiichi Sankyo on drug discovery research.
- 4SC took home an undisclosed milestone payment from Immunic.
- Medherent, a medtech focused on transdermal drug delivery, raked in £3.8M (€4.1M) in a financing round.
- Bone Therapeutics will collaborate with Czech tissue clinic Cellthera on a bone cell therapy pipeline.
- Ablynx reported some extra results from its Phase III trial that speak to the cost efficacy of what might become its first product.
- An autoimmune and inflammatory disease candidate from Immunic cleared two Phase I trials for pharmacokinetics and safety.
- Cellnovo got a CE mark for its Android- and Bluetooth-enabled insulin pump.
- Carbios joined the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, whose aim is to “strengthen and advance the business case” for environment-friendly packaging.
- Sanofi is facing more fallout from one of its products: it’s recalling injectable gel for arthritis, citing microbial contamination.
- Novo Nordisk has a new multimillion-euro incubator, the BioInnovation Institute, for the development and maturation of the best research projects in Danish life sciences.
Images via FACTORYPIC, Damsea, kungverylucky, Sviluppo, Parkol / shutterstock.com