Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut this week.
- Allergan has kicked off the new year with acquisitions in Parkinson’s and GI diseases
- Newron has taken its business to Australia and New Zealand through a new partnership
- Kymab collected €8.5M from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to accelerate its infectious disease program
- Ipsen is shelling out up to €1B for Merrimack’s pancreatic cancer treatment, Onivyde
- Gilead’s Hepatitis B treatment, Vemlidy (Tenofovir Alafenamide), is coming to Europe, the first of its kind in almost a decade
- Antiviral research from Haplogen and Evotec has been published in Nature, spotlighting a new target
- Though ‘promise’ loses its meaning in the context of the American President-Elect, The Donald is threatening to slash drug prices.
Shar Pei or Towel?
Images from Sharp, Les Palenik, Vladimir Wrangel and Lisa Hagan / shutterstock.com