A redeployment of responsibilities in the Executive Management team in Novo Nordisk caused a reduction of Executives from seven to six.
Novo Nordisk announces that Executive Vice President and Chief of Staffs, Lise Kingo, has decided to step out of the executive management team and leave Novo Nordisk.
Her areas of responsibility will be taken over by other members of Executive Management:
- Corporate People & Organisation and Business Assurance report to Lars Fruergaard Jørgensen
- Corporate Stakeholder Engagement reports to Jakob Riis
- Corporate Communications reports to Lars Rebien Sørensen.
For Lise Kingo it was a choice between playing a smaller role in the executive management team after the redeployment of responsibilities and trying something else outside of the company.
Lise Kingo says: “I have really enjoyed being part of Novo Nordisk throughout my career, not least during my time as a member of its Executive Management. It has been a fantastic journey and I wish the company and my colleagues all the best in their onward journey. This is the beginning of a new chapter in which I plan to utilise my experience and insights in boards of companies and organisations internationally.”
Commenting on the changes, Lars Rebien Sørensen, CEO, says: “I would like to thank Lise for her many contributions to Novo Nordisk during her impressive career in the company. Of special note is her leadership in driving the company’s strategy within sustainable development, corporate branding and public affairs, which has earned Novo Nordisk recognition as a respected global business. I wish her the best of luck in the future.”
Following the above-mentioned changes, Novo Nordisk’s Executive Management is now composed as follows:
- Lars Rebien Sørensen, CEO (chief executive officer)
- Kåre Schultz, president and COO (chief operating officer), responsible for Sales and Product Supply.
- Jesper Brandgaard, executive vice president and CFO (chief financial officer), responsible for Finance, Legal, and Investor Relations.
- Lars Fruergaard Jørgensen, executive vice president, responsible for Corporate IT, Corporate Quality, Corporate Development, Corporate People & Organisation and Business Assurance.
- Jakob Riis, executive vice president, responsible for Marketing, Medical Affairs and Corporate Stakeholder Engagement.
- Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, executive vice president and chief science officer, responsible for Research, Development and Regulatory Affairs.